Thread: SSH Help
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #53
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Code:
[root@kindle .ssh]# pwd
/tmp/root/.ssh
[root@kindle .ssh]# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            60 Feb 12 08:54 .
drwx------    6 root     root           120 Feb 12 08:52 ..
-r--------    1 root     root           408 Feb 12 08:53 authorized_keys
[root@kindle .ssh]# cat authorized_keys 
ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEAwbjpu0KFwCsdfJsHvFd9THL+vwEx3B7A4RrG3QlG/46+Tl7QzQuQchVULh608SNCnd0J5LjL+PIxlXy1nhYvq7rdw5iH0NQc4wjEUuJ8qAhQF6qNk9Xzb1HXYaDzkh2zhfZaBrgQOvVyJt6XT9XM81UPQJ7HbJQTioDYTtdGDQeUEnEJm0f8pOLhy7nWxCdpOW4U9QCHgGn7yp4dK0fUBp6MCp56r7bLpFvB145yC6yp/oM6Xp/01JS4cZOwqP7HisNIdMuEHlXIKGSWuGNr7bGCHM+euAyVN7dQq1r0oGgt3O50zKdkeO9HZi6DF17/QufjBENe5uTsP4RhqmV0jw== ixtab
[root@kindle .ssh]#
That looks like what I would expect to see (no mention of usbnet anywhere) with one important exception.

It is located in the /tmp part of the file tree.
That part of the file tree should be emptied by a cold boot (not a resume from sleep).
The "normal" (non-embedded system) location for that file is /root/.ssh/authorized_keys.

But let us forge ahead under the assumption that the Kindle is never cold booted (normally, it isn't)

If ssh is still not working for you, we need to figure out how to get dropbear to look for the public key(s) under /tmp/* rather than under ~/.ssh

If I put the public key line you posted into any of my machines (and opened a hole in the fire-wall for you) - you would be able to ssh into those machines.

Note:
That is a single line record in authorized_keys and that file may include multiple keys (each on a line of their own).
And I am pretty sure that it must have the proper line ending (LF) not Windows (CRLF) or Mac (CR).
Would not hurt to check what that single line record is using for a line ending.

Now try with full debug reporting on your ssh client (double v):
ssh -vv <whereever>

If what you get doesn't make any sense, post the entire output.

Last edited by knc1; 02-17-2012 at 08:52 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote