View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #36
jpijper
Enthusiast
jpijper began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook HD3 (PB632)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Chapman View Post
The new version (2.0) of Freda is now available on the marketplace.

I've added a bunch of fixes and small changes, but the main one is getting rid of the 'pivot' control for the main page. Now you just have bunch of stacked panels, one above the other - each panel can be 'expanded' by tapping on its '+' button, or 'collapsed' by tapping again on that button. The panels also have (at their right hand end) a 'maximise' button to let you switch to a full screen view.

Jim
Hi Jim,

I want to thank you very much for the Freda reader. I use it every day on my Windows Phone 7 and before that on my WM 6.1 phone, and I am very happy with it. So please keep that in mind when reading the following.

I regret the fact that in your latest Windows Phone 7 version you decided to get rid of the pivot control for the main page and replace it with the panel approach. I appreciated that you adopted the Metro style of doing things, it made Freda feel a part of the Windows Phone 7 interface, much more than it does now, when it looks and feels a bit awkward to me.

Also, I find the current interface less intuitive, not to mention uglier. And when I expand a DropBox folder, for instance, the contents are rendered so small as to become kind of more difficult to tap correctly.

As far as I am concerned, your decision to adopt the panel approach is a big step backwards from a UI point of view. Is it possible that you might change your mind about this?

Once again, I am a happy and frequent Freda user, so please do not take this criticism the wrong way.

Thanks,
Jan Roelof
jpijper is offline   Reply With Quote