View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Amazon's E-Book Return Policy

I looked for old threads on this but didn't see any that jumped out as matches, so I'll just vent a tiny bit.

I have an e-book on Amazon, a memoir about my time in Vietnam, that is about 25,000 words (maybe the Length of The Heart of Darkness) and priced at 99 cents. Sales have been decent, but this month I have had two refunds.

No big deal on one level, but on another it kinds of bugs me because I suspect these guys read the book in a couple of hours and then asked for a refund. Let me hasten to add that I understand and appreciate that the overwhelming majority of buyers are honest and fair. Hell, I never expected to sell much of anything anyway, but you know how it is. Every sale means something.

It just seems like Amazon should perhaps question its refund policy on a book that on the one hand is admittedly not a full-length novel but on the other only costs 99 cents. Wonder if any others have thoughts on this. Maybe I'm out of line. Like I said, I just wanted to vent a bit.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-15-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Self-promotional link removed -MODERATOR
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote