View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #9
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Absolutely not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif23 View Post
Is the reading experience MUCH nicer on these Fire devices than on E-INK ?

I'm viewing the features of that new Fire HD 7" and it looks like E-INK is dead.
What do you think ? Much better ?
Only 200 bucks too.
E-ink dead!?! Absolutely not! The fire is a multi-use device and not a dedicated reader. It is a whole lot heavier and has a much shorter battery life when used for the same amount of reading as an E-ink device. Although it can, of course function as a reader.

And what with the new internally illuminated E-ink reader models becoming available, E-ink readers appear have overcome the final hurdle of any competition with backlit LCD devices being used as readers.

In all fairness, some folks claim that they are more comfortable reading a LCD device that an E-ink device. I always wonder why, as I cannot fathom that preference.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote