View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The unhacked kindle has /usr/sbin/ defined in PATH, and /usr/sbin/ssh hardlinked to /usr/sbin/dropbearmulti

The command:
ssh user@host
works fine for me when run at a kindle command prompt when Wi-Fi is on. I successfully connected to my web hosting service on the "interwebs". ;-)

SSH does not go through the 3G amazon proxy without suitable "naughty bits" though (and please do NOT risk getting "experimental" free 3G shut down for all of us).

You *could* install a command shell CGI script on a remote web server and do proxied SSH (embedded in a web page) from there using the kindle web browser. I run "Shell In A Box" on my Linux PC at home, but 3G access to it using HTTPS port 443 from a kindle web browser is rather twitchy. Running "screen" would be a good way to resume an SSH session.

I have considered running Luigi's Console (web browser version) on my Linux PC instead of "Shell In A Box" due to its simplicity. I will report back when I get around to it RSN ("Real Soon Now")... ;-)

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-18-2011 at 08:51 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote