View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
amybobamy
Befuddled Neophyte
amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Nook Color
Literati! I found my pdf books!

I was gnashing my teeth because I could not figure out a way to read my pdf files on my new Literati. It was cheap -- fifty bucks on sale at Kohl's -- but I was determined to make a go of it. The main point of buying this ereader was to rid myself of the disgusting habit of buying books. My goal for 2011 was to read at-will but not actually BUY any books.

The Literati was going to be a dedicated library-book reader.

Alas, the Literati that I purchased was a major pain in the b^tt. I could not find my books, I could only read EPUB books, I couldn't find my PDFs that I borrowed from the library ... what a pain!

This evening, I muttered to my husband that he should return the darned thing to Kohls tomorrow ... BUT ...

About fifteen minutes later I decided to fiddle with the tabs at the top of the Literati's "start" page. And it turns out that my library's PDF files were tucked away under the DOCUMENTS tab! Of course, there had been no reason to look for them there -- Why on earth would I look for books under "Documents" -- But it turns out that the Literati reads any Adobe PDFs sent there (via Adobe Digital Editions) as "Documents"!!!

So ... there are many reasons to ditch the Literati. It is not especially user-friendly, and it is certainly not very intuitive ...BUT!!! It can, indeed, read both EPUB and PDF documents (you just might have to look under a non-Books tab).

Hope this helps someone else!

Written after finishing two glasses of white Jeunesse, so please forgive typos.
amybobamy is offline   Reply With Quote