View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #15
ShiningT1g3R
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
I am curious to know what you consider on sale is; if pre-ordering charged your credit card the moment of ordering, rather than a hold on funds until ship date, do you not consider that you have bought something? Possibly something that does not even exist yet; as FCC approval is not final, and something you will pay a 5% fee for canceling the preorder - no matter what your reasoning. At this point I consider the product on sale.
Darn, got me there! I'll let the business gurus deal with the technicalities of what a "sale" is; however, Cheyennedonna, don't worry: you're not buying a shiny brick shaped like an Ipad with a swivel camera. Rohan is aware of how BADLY the pre-order launch is going but he's not out to steal the money of thousands of people overnight to try to rival Bernie Madoff in terms of a clever-if-sickening scheme. Notion Ink WILL give you what you want when they feel it's best for them to give it to you (which requires smoothing out the technicalities with payment and shipping). Right now, the Adam is being shipped from China and will take around a month (2-4 weeks from January 9, 2011) to actually ship. Rohan and his team do not want to disappoint anyone with the Adam and how it's supposed to perform, but right now it's crunch time for him and Notion Ink because the fan forum faithful are getting hungry and desperate after waiting all year long.

Remember, some of the greatest inventions we have today came from someone's basement while they were in college living at home with their parents' basement with only a handful of money and a dream to change the world.