View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #70
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
I think on board dictionaries are wonderful - the idea of just double tapping a word seems like simplicity itself. I wish they would expand them further to utilise all the data available ie a thesaurus, an encyclopaedia, links to web based dictionaries, links to wikipedia, I'd like to see images as well so I could click on a city or country name and see exactly where it is. They could also expand the dictionaries with additions just for the book you are reading so that you could get a quick précis about any individual character, places or graphic maps where applicable. I certainly don't feel embarrassed about needing to use a dictionary - without the computer's dictionary I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be able to even decipher this message.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote