View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #25387
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Cold wind on the harbour and rain on the road
Wet promise of winter brings recourse to coal
There's fire in the blood and a fog on Bras d'Or
The giant will rise with the moon.

'Twas the same ancient fever in the Isles of the Blest
That our fathers brought with them when they "went West"
It's the blood of the Druids that never will rest

So crash the glass down! move with the tide!
Young friends and old whiskey are burning inside.
Crash the glass down! Fingal will rise
With the moon.

In inclement weather the people are fey
Three thousand year stories as the night slips away
Remembering Fingal feels not far away

The wind's in the north, there be new moon tonight
And we have no circle to dance in it's sight
So light a torch, bring bring the bottle and build the fire bright

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imSFwqq4cO0 )

Happy Solstice!

Good morning, eveyrone! Too much cloud cover to see the moon last night, and the prospects for tonight are looking grim... Well, it IS the Rainy Season... But I found some Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea on the store shelves yesterday so all is not lost. I bought a bag of green stuff with minced white stuff from the vendor downstairs... don't have a clue what it is other than a bit spicy are really delicious. Eating it with 'sticky rice' and a one-egg vegetable omelet from the same vendor. This is a different vendor from the one I've been using, as she doesn't open her cart on Sundays. It's a good way to start a Sunday. And patience, KK... photos will be happening soon. I've received word that the captain of the cargo container ship has been show where the Port of Bangkok actually is located, and should be here by the end of the month. Although I've been taking pictures, I just haven't gotten any that are worth putting up.

Waiting for the tech from the internet provider to show up to figure out why this new installation is only giving me 2mps instead of the 13mps I've subscribed to. My guess is the building's wiring is throttling it down. They are sending 13mps through the coax cable they installed yesterday, but that just goes into the building's box. From there it's building's thin 2-wire line up 15 floors to me. I think the provider will be forced to pump 40-50mps into the building to get me 8-13mps in my apartment. That, or install a local wi-fi hot-spot closer to me. We'll see... if they show up.

We went to a water buffalo market yesterday morning. I'd never been to one before. Better than an auto auction!

More Ahmad's tea, then some quiet early morning jazz on my new guitar.
Damn... I'm liking this lifestyle.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 06-22-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote