View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Rakuten released 2012 financials where they lost well over $1 Billion in their North American market. Much of it was due to restructuring and goodwill. They lost a hefty amount from their UK operations. The company as a whole did well in 2012 as opposed to 2011 where they reported a company wide loss. There was no breakdown into how Kobo performed in the press release.
Yeah, I think we are just now seeing them move into No. America more aggressively. Their Canadian website still sucks, but rakuten.com is showing some new growth and design changes. I guess we will see.

I don't expect them to sell current kobo devices through rakuten. They are using the partner model for that, it seems. I believe we discussed that at some length in an earlier thread.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote