View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #101
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deddajay View Post
I've been using 64bit Calibre for several days now, and so far have had no problems on Win 7 64bit. I'm absolutely delighted with it, in fact, as it has finally allowed me to convert a mobi version of the Complete Works of Dickens to epub. On the 32bit version, on numerous conversion attempts it got to 47% and stayed there - the last time for 3 days! On the 64bit version it took precisely 260 minutes, although I did get a bit worred at the 47% mark as it seemed to stick there for a while.

I am curious about one thing, though. I converted an AZW3 file and it took 7.25 minutes using the 64bit, but only 6.10 using 32bit for the same file. On mobi files it is definitely a lot faster using 64bit. I will have to test out some more AZW3 files to see if it was a one off anomaly.

One extra I would like to see is a slight variation on the desktop icon so that I can tell both versions apart more easily. I've solved it on a temporary basis by finding another icon elsewhere for the 32bit for now as I intend to run both in tandem for a bit longer.

Great work from Kovid and the team.
You can always replace your desktop icon with one of you choosing/creation.
Here, have my #2 Calibre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lt-2.png
Views:	722
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	98842  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote