View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
If it were at all convenient to do so (which does not seem to be the case for you), I'd exchange it. While the problem may be 'common' it is not 'universal'. My Nook STR doesn't do this, for example.

Both Kindle and Kobo Touch have an option to refresh every page (a feature added post-ship). This seemed like a 'hack' to me, because my Nook never needed such an option: I can't detect any significant variation in clarity between the 'first' and 'sixth' page, for example.

But it seems to be the case that there are good eink screens and bad eink screens and everything in between. Quality much more variable than conventional LCD display, by all reports and from my own experience. I don't know if that is inherent with the technology or if it is a consequence of the drive to low prices.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote