View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #21
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
We have two threads going on the same topic - Kindle likes and dislikes. I just responded to one on the other thread as well, detailing my Kindle likes/ etc.

I too have problems with the Whispernet except for receiving books from Amazon. Very slow for any other internet access and trying to buy a book from the Kindle is impossible unless I have previously downloaded a sample chapter or set up a wish list. Even that, however, takes three tries or four tries.

I whole heartedly agree with keeping the Kindle in its cover - impossible to hold without the cover and the cover is definitely very clever. Still keep bumping the wrong side buttons (driving me nuts) but I've only had my Kindle for three days. Hoping that I can get used to it.

Absolutely love the technology of an ebook reader. Travel more than 100 days per year and love getting rid of all that extra weight dragging along my books.
Heck .... I just love that I can pop it in my mini pack and take it everywhere with me. Sometimes I'm in a really loooong check out line at the store, or the pharmacy says it will be 15 minutes for my prescriptions to be filled (and they really mean 2 hours and 15 minutes), and before I would be quite bored waiting. Now, I just pop my Kindle out, and start reading a book.

That's heaven for me. Especially since it's smaller and lighter than some of my paperbacks.

I had it out at Wendy's today (grabbing a bite to eat), and I actually drew a crowd. They wanted to see it work, to know who made it, and where they could get one. No one blanched at the price ... especially when I told them that they could just order books, from the computer if need be, and have them beamed to the book for no "beaming" cost ... just the cost of the book. Then, when I told them about all the free or dirt cheap classics that were out there, and the World Library .... and they saw how nice and crisp the text is ... and that they could change the size of the fonts.

I would not be the least shocked to hear that six people out of that group purchased Kindles today.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote