View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Midnight Commander

[EDIT I 03/12/2008]
I attached a installation package.
You can start mc in mrxvt with "mc" or "/usr/local/bin/startmc".
Installation script has set a symbolic link via "ln -s /usr/local/bin/startmc /usr/bin/mc".
mrxvt is included in the zip file. I have used the modded version in this post. If you use the matchbox keyboard most of the time, you should read this and use 0.4v instead, which includes Macros to emulate non-existing keys on iLiad's software keyboard.
Contents of zip file:
# mc.iLiad.0.1.install [mc installation package]
# mrxvt_iliad_0.3.1 [shell terminal mrxvt]
# doc [mc FAQ, man pages]
# mc 4.6.1 iLiad 0.1.png [screenshot]
# Readme.txt [this file]

[EDIT II 03/12/2008]
#I have downloaded an unofficial mc src code mc-4.6.2.pre1-1.2.src.rpm with dozens of patch files, which UTF-8 patch file to choose?
Maybe compiling this will solve problem with non standard characters, as described below.
# I changed attached zip file [mpc*.zip != mc*.zip; added some lines in Readme.txt].
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Midnight Commander (mc) is an orthodox file manager for Unix-like systems (also works in Windows) and a clone of Norton Commander.
Midnight Commander is a text mode application. The main interface consists of two panels which display the file system. It is used in a similar way to many other programs run in the Unix shell. Arrow keys control file selection, the insert key is used to select files and the Function Keys perform operations such as renaming, editing and copying files. Later versions of the Midnight Commander additionally have mouse support for easier operation. Such versions are aware of running inside an X terminal, which allows them to react to the graphical pointer and update the name of the window in which Midnight Commander runs.
Yes, the compiled version 4.6.1 has got mouse/stylus support.

Who wants to use mc?

It is running on my iLiad. Nice for viewing/editing files on the go.
I will post a installation package tomorrow or so.

You will need a USB keyboard [matchbox keyboard hasn't got Fn or ESC keys] & shell app like mrxvt.

screenshots:
# mrxvt mc session
# mrxvt mc session [maximized mrxvt window]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Midnight_Commander.png
Views:	1578
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	11416   Click image for larger version

Name:	mc 4.6.1 iLiad 0.1.png
Views:	1330
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	11455  
Attached Files
File Type: zip mc.4.6.1.iLiad.0.1.zip (3.06 MB, 1218 views)

Last edited by yokos; 03-12-2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: EDIT II
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote