View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Angry Dear MacMillan...

Today, I got mad enough to take the time to write an email to Mac Millan. I should do this every time I can angry at ebooks pricings, but then, they aren't enough hours in the day...

"Dear Madame, Sir,

It was advertised today that the book “The End of Eternity” by Isaac Asimov was recently made available in ebook format by your publishing company. Alas, I believe you must have made a mistake while pricing it: the best available price, not taking into account rebates towards future purchases, is 17,49$, as opposed to 7.84$ for the paperback version on Amazon.com.

This book was originally edited in 1955. That is, a very long time ago. Considering this is one of Asimov’s most successful standalone novels, I can fairly assume it has been extremely profitable several times over. Your ebook version proposes no additions that could justify a price increase, and one would believe that a more reasonnable pricing policy should be the rule here. This is why I assume some mistake has been made.

Sincerily yours"

Let's wait and see what kind of answer I'll get...
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote