View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Savoring a Slow Read

Often I feel like I don't read enough and feel bad if it takes me too long to finish a book. Sometimes though, a book you read once in a while over an extended period of time becomes a part of your life for those weeks or months (in rare cases, years). I'm nearing the end of a book like that, The Sisters Brothers, which is not a particularly long book but I've been reading it for months.

And I love it. It's not taking me so long because it's boring me. Every time I crack it open for just a few pages, I'm instantly immersed in Eli Sisters' point of view and the peculiar redemption he continually draws out of bleak circumstances, and more often than not I'll laugh out loud at least once.

It's not like a beloved series where, I at least, tend to snap up each morsel as it drops. It's more singular (yeah, obviously). It's precious in its singularity.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote