View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaijee View Post
But if I access the Calibre library on my computer the mobi filename still shows the title first followed by the author and that is what I want to change.
Templates used for filenames only work with Save to Disk and Send to Device. They don't change how Calibre stores books in the library on disk. Is that what you're trying to do?

See This:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175

When you use "Send to Device" or "Save to Disk", the files will be named using the respective templates.

Question: Are you trying to change the actual filenames or how the titles are displayed on your Kindle? If the latter, you'll need to use the metadata plugboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks
My last Guess: You have a setting in the Plugboard that overrides the device template
Metadata plugboards don't affect filenames, do they?

Last edited by JimmyR; 02-18-2013 at 02:23 PM.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote