View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 02:23 AM   #1653
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Hiya,

I have created a Collections Manager for the Kindle Touch.

I guess that many Kindle Touch users would like to manage their collections using calibre. That would be possible if the Collections Manager was able to synchronize the internal database with the system/collections.json file. I could write the logic required to do that, but I'll need a little more information.

First, I only have a Kindle Touch, so I don't know what the expected format of collections.json is. Could you please give me some sort of "specification" ? I did create a test collection, this is how it looks:

Code:
{"Sample Series@en-US": {"items": ["#7af2ad8e-f04e-4797-bab4-8dfc0277210d^EBOK", "#B004UBEKXI^EBOK"], "lastAccess": 1234567890000}}
What I would need is some more information about the format. For instance, will a collection always (only) contain an "items" array and a "lastAccess" timestamp, or are there more fields to consider? Will an entry always be in the form of "#$CDE_KEY^$CDE_TYPE", or are there other formats? Also, which CDE types are supported by calibre ("EBOK" only, or others, such as "AZW2", as well)?

I'm sure that being able to manage the Kindle Touch collections with calibre is something that many users would like, so thanks in advance for helping me out with this.

Last edited by ixtab; 07-29-2012 at 02:37 AM. Reason: slightly changed questions :)