View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #85
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
knc1, what I don't really get is: what do you win by using binfmt_misc? There's the classic shebang notation anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like playing around with stuff, too, and am really curious if I'm missing some great possibilities...
One less process creation.
shebang takes two (shell and shell proc'ing lua) sometimes three, depending on how it got called.

kernel binfmt_misc only has to proc' one process (lua) and that is probably in the kernel's cache buffers (a single process clone call).

Too bad tcc doesn't do ARM code (just x86 and a bit of MIPS).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote