View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
Lunchtray
Connoisseur
Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.Lunchtray is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Gen 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
@Lunchtray: The harvesting of data is all part and parcel with interacting with most organizations these days, but just because this is so doesn't mean that everyone else does it is a sound defense for such practices which if we're honest are more-oft action with the ignorance of the general populace.

I'm also curious of your assertion "that almost every piece of software on any type of mobile device has Google Analytics inserted into it right?". Do you have to source for this claim. I'm not doubting that many mobile apps send back statistics/data in some form, just more curious that "almost every" one uses GA?
It's stated in the TOS and if people read them more often they wouldn't be "the ignorant general populace". If you read through the TOS for various pieces of software you use they'll likely all have clauses in there very similar to Kobo's.

As for my assertion I work in the mobile application industry and it's standard practice. Heck, most if not all websites use GA too as that was what it was originally developed for.
Lunchtray is offline   Reply With Quote