View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #14
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitzman69 View Post
I was surprised how many didn't use the standard <p> and just modify off that with <p.noindent>/<p.italic>/etc.
Largely because then you have to add text-indent: 0 to all the other classes. It works out easier just to use a separate class for indented body paragraphs.
Quote:
It also seems most don't use the standard <h1/2/3/4> for easy TOC in Sigil.
I use them all the time, but headings are the way you introduce variety, so those styles wouldn't be part of a standard set.

Quote:
I am very interested in what relative font sizes people use.
In theory it's best to use a geometric progression, eg 100%, 120%, 144%, 176%, though I think in practice this isn't too important. You need to avoid using sizes that are too large (2em is shouting), and remember that setting text in bold is functionally similar to increasing the size one step.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote