Thread: Touch Strange paging
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
G0AT
Addict
G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G0AT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexul View Post
LE: yes, you were right. It seems the paging is handled by some reader engine and it is set to 1000 characters per page. I guess I have to get used to this
Yes, typically, epub uses a standard length of 1024 characters as one page. If you think about it, this actually makes sense, as it allows you to easily move between devices and find your page if the devices don't sync. I find it also to be convenient for comparing the lengths of books with one another.
G0AT is offline   Reply With Quote