View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 07:53 PM   #26
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Printed photos, on the other hand, did fairly well once the soot was taken off it.
Years ago there was an article in Adobe's magazine about archiving and I was expecting them to say that Acrobat was the best but they said given how media formats change, CDs delaminating, etc. that, with proper storage, paper was still the best for hundreds and thousands of years.

If you're archiving on a hard drive, dvd, bd, or whatever, it would be prudent to pull them out once a year and verify that you can still read them, and the files on them.

Several iterations ago of rebuilding my system I bought a motherboard that had only EIDE hard drive connections; it was just as SATA was taking off. Then a few years later I rebuilt and (foolishly) didn't check that the new motherboard had EIDE connects and it only had SATA so I couldn't reconnect my old drives. And finding a supported PCIE EIDE card was difficult.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote