View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #66
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
In fact, both of them seem to dismiss drm as a "problem".
As you and others seem to similarly dismiss "piracy," without providing more than heresay, anecdotal evidence and "possibilities" for your points, and suggesting that the world will somehow magically reward authors who start giving their work away. IOW, you're not the only one who's "distressed."

Of course, this did not start out to be a DRM/anti-DRM thread... it was steered in that direction by others, not me. I don't create or use DRM, but I don't condemn it either... it's just a tool, and like any tool, it can be used properly or improperly (or not at all)... EOL.

This is a thread about copyright infringement, and the stance taken by the courts to uphold it.

Nate: Yes, we're talking about potential customers... but if they also happen to be potential customers who are, at the moment, knowingly taking content they are expected to pay for... well, I'm sorry, but I'm only going to speak so kindly about people like that, and I'm not going to object to anyone else who decides to call a spade a spade.

But again, if you want to come up with a nice, PC word for "not wanting to pay for other people's efforts," you're welcome to do so.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote