View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #13
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Interesting thread. I was doing some browsing this morning on this site and comparison shopping. I downloaded e-book "Eight Keys to Eden" free on this site and noticed that Amazon is charging $3.19 for the same book download for Kindle owners! I speculate that perhaps they are trying to recupe their whispernet wifi costs which are "free".
Just for giggles, I went to the Kindle store again and searched for a couple of other free e-books that I have downloaded from other sites (Feedbooks), and they were also being offered at a cost, small amounts to be sure, but the costs do add up! So glad I choose to buy the PRS-505 instead of paying more and would still be waiting for a Kindle!

Last edited by MsAstoria; 01-22-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added more info
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote