View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 06:04 AM   #8
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have a section wherever I would start a new page in a print document: cover (if there's a cover), title page, copyright page, chapter one through whatever, every photograph except in rare instances, copyright page / about the author, and so on, usually to the tune of thirty or forty sections. Anything that you want to flow, keep in the same section.

Before you begin to split the document, be sure to have your first "page" complete. I put in the following:

<head>
<title>Book Title</title>
<meta content="Author Name" name="Author" />
<link href="../Styles/epub.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>

With the most important being the style sheet. Before I realized this, I was replicating the style sheet in every section thereafter, because whatever's in the <head> section of the original file is copied into the new section.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote