View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #1893
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Short interruption of the wait for the next Dresden book ...

... has anybody read "Rivers of London" (or "Midnight Riot" as it was published in the US) by Ben Aaronovitch?

I have picked that up on a suggestion from a friend and really enjoyed it, also Urban Fantasy, also very funny, and definitely something that I would endorse to fellow Dresden fans without any reservation.

The book (first of currently 3 available) is about Peter Grant, a young police constable in London, who at the end of this probational period is confronted with an unlikely witness to a murder - a ghost who claims to have seen the crime.

When he later - obviously against better judgement and common sense - shares this encounter with colleagues, he is surprised to get assigned to a special branch of the London Police that currently comprises only a single inspector.

Said inspector happens to be the last wizard in London who is in charge of supernatural investigations, and who takes on PC grant as his apprentice.

Plus, the book is currently available ridicuously cheap as Kindle ebook ... $ 3.92 for the "Rivers of London" edition (The supposedly identical "Midnight Riot" edition sells for $ 5,76 ), so I would advise anybody who likes Harry Dresden to try that one out.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote