View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #1891
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool comics & Alera

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Last night I read the first three Ghoul Goblin comics. Based on the releases so far, I'm hoping the next is released very soon.
A short while back after you'd said that you'd just opened an account at COMIXOLOGY I did so too, and downloadad one of the freebies to see if I would be interested in today's comics. Well I wasn't. I'll just keep on reading books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I'm on to book 2 in Codex Alera. I'm so hooked. I knew this would happen . The first one really reminded me of A Song of Ice and Fire...but much cleaner . Jim is such a great writer, I really like all of his characters in all his books that I've read.

Did anyone else have an issue with words running together on your kindle versions? Quite a few pages I would have a sentence that looks like this: "...adding to the blubberyfat beneath its hide", really weird .
I read the first one with trepidation and then the rest of the six books immediately afterward, back to back. No more trepidation! No, I don't remember having the problem you describe.

Last edited by alansplace; 04-13-2013 at 11:58 PM. Reason: oops...
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote