View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #68
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
This sucks a little. It raises the walls of the walled garden a a little bit.
They allow you to download book files to the device, it's seems pointless to hamper their use.

I wonder what the exact difference is between what happens when you add a file to the docs or books folder via usb vs adding it to the same folder via file copy operation?

Other than that, I agree one of the posters above that nothing in the description seems particularly appealing to me, except the quicker wifi reconnect. I was hoping to have better purchase and parental control features.

ApK
You can still sideload mobi books but you need to use USB or if you use another method you have to restart the Fire to get them to show up on the shelves.

The change is now the mobi files will open in a previewer of sort when you open them with File Expert. You wont have any features but you can read the book but it wont remember anything and you can't use any Kindle features like changing font or bookmarking. It's just a window with the book open and a back button and It will not add it to books or docs till you reboot.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote