View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
I did read books on my laptop, desktop and Palm with the little pull-out screen. I never enjoyed reading books on the desktop because the sitting position is just not comfy for reading, and the "laptop" is pretty big, has a very short battery life, a noisy (comparatively) fan and gets rather hot. The Palm I was happy to ditch along with the job that required it, and I've never been a fan of multi-multi-purpose cell phones - I have an LG that I've had for about 4 years, and Verizon keeps calling me and asking "don't you want a NEW phone?"

My reader choices were between the Kindle and the Sony (Iliad's too expensive for my uses, hadn't heard much about the Cybook when I was looking), and since I'd just had a huge blow-out with Sony over a defective expensive laptop, I decided against Sony and went with the Kindle. I love reading from it, although I'd be the first to recognize that it has some, ummm, quirks, and I'm always disappointed when a book I want to read isn't available for it, enough that I dither over whether to purchase it in paper form or just wait and see when it'll be available for Kindle.

I've pretty much entirely stopped buying hardbacks (except a few cookbooks), and I've cut way back on my print purchases (except graphic novels, which are a pain to read on anything except paper). I'm definitely reading more - I've always been a reader, but I read even more now, enough so that I didn't bother to get cable/satellite or even attempt to hook up an antenna to see if the old TV could get any kind of signal.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote