View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
It is because lots of people don't understand that eInk is easier on the eyes. All they see is side-by-side features:
  • Color vs. B&W
  • Can read in the dark w/o an additional light
  • Cheaper, for the feature set

I think a lot of us read all day on LCDs or CRTs, which are essentially light sources. This creates a lot of eye strain over a period of hours and hours. It's like looking at a dim light bulb for hours at a time.

Don't worry, they'll wise up some day.

For reading, I don't think color eInk is necessarily an advantage. I'm not anxiously awaiting it. It is going to come with a big price hike too, I'm sure.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote