View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #20
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Well, I'm the odd one out I guess. I recently bought a kindle touch and love it.
It was completely unnecessary, as I have a perfectly good kindle 3.

I told myself I'd wait. However, I use the dictionary a lot, highlight, and make notes. I grew tired of how long these activities took via the scroll pad. It interrupted the flow of reading.

The touch is a great successor - it's far faster to look up words via a simple tap, very natural to highlight with your finger, etc. I haven't found fingerprints a problem - nothing like my iPad - the touch seems to resist smudges.

I have jumped several pages ahead a two or three times - which was a tad confusing - but not serious enough to offset the benefits.

The little lighted cover is very slick as well. So though it was completely unnecessary, sheer wanton materialism, I'm very pleased with it.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote