View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I bought the KT because I wanted the extra space so I was willing to put up with the touch screen, I had nothing but problems with it. It wouldn't import collections on successfully on the first one then it died on me.
How frustrating to have had so many issues! Has quality control gone down since the K3? The collections issue sounds like a firmware problem; hopefully, a bug fix will be pushed out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I didn't think I would like a touch screen reader. But I got the Sony Reader WiFi and I LOVE it. It is an excellent reader. I love having both page turn buttons and the ability to turn them via the touch screen. I have over 2000 books on it and no problems whatsoever. Wish I could say that about my Kindles.
I did think the Sony was really nice; my mom is more of a gadget fanatic than a reader, so when she gets bored with the Sony, I might try to inherit it! If I was making my purchase today rather than a year ago, I would probably go with the Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsenglish View Post
Even though I use a Sony Touch (PRS-350) I still find myself using the physical buttons more for page turning. For navigation, however, I still prefer it hands down to navigating on the K3 or K4

Prediction - Amazon will release another touch edition with physical page turn buttons (probably not anytime soon, though).
Yeah, that's the big thing: let me have tactile feed back for page turns AND the ability to hand write notes in the margins.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote