View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am up to my third iteration of Facebook, and may be about to shut it down again. The privacy aspect I am less worried about than I am that I find the UI so annoying. Mostly though, I am not that "social".

Twitter, I like. I follow comedians and some friends...some of them live-tweet shows I am watching, making them far more entertaining than they are (@benpobjie and #masterchef is great fun), and I can follow live-tweeting of shows by all via #hashtags (eg. #glee) and feel I am watching it with fellow enthusiasts, or cynical humourists, like having a witty conversation in your empty loungeroom. Comedians trying new material, or just letting their reactions show to current events, is enjoyable. I don't tweet much, I follow few people (70 or so, most of whom are mostly lurkers like me, them often friends and acquaintances), so I am not overwhelmed. I don't tweet my every thought and movement, though I am prone to bursts at times (often iphonographs, of sunsets and such). I like Twitter - I enjoy its limitations, its necessary succinctness (something contrary to my own nature, as perhaps you can tell). I only use it on my phone though - I generally never access it at my computer.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 06-06-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: IPhone overcorrecting
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote