View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 12:30 AM   #22
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm200 View Post
The text on the Adobe web site is: You can activate up to six computers and devices.

I read this as six activations total, any combination of PCs and devices. Where can I find the 6 + 6 limit?

Thanks!

Robert
BTW I lost this thread for awhile, but when we released ADE 1.7.2 earlier this month, we also updated the FAQ to be more explicit. It now reads
Quote:
What is the maximum number of computers and devices that I can authorize?
You can activate up to six computers and six devices . If you reach the limit, contact Customer Service to increase your allowable activations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara
Another question for Adobe - 6 PCs seems more than enough to read DRM ebooks at one time. But what about into the future? If my PCs are replaced, I can see the 6 PC limit decreasing - and for myself, if I buy ebooks, I'd like to know that I can read them into the future, without worrying about them "expiring" because I have replaced my PC too many times.
Instead of allowing for deactivation, we instead automatically increase your allowance over time to account for losing/replacing/upgrading devices. If you go through your devices more quickly than we allow for, as the FAQ above indicates contacting our customer support will get this taken care of for you.

Last edited by Jim Lester; 02-26-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote