View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #31
LovesMacs
Fanatic
LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LovesMacs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
I just realized that the stock car racing Bible linked earlier is one of the few ebook editions of the 1984 NIV left available (nearly all ebook NIVs are the 2011 edition) and is still $6.99. It has some racing-related articles and pictures at the beginning, but is otherwise just the Bible text and translation notes.

For anyone that didn't know there was a difference, the 2011 edition was updated with (among other things) gender-neutral language. Romans 1:13, for example, now begins "I do not want you to be unaware, brothers and sisters..." whereas before 2011, Paul was just worried about the "brothers."

I bought mine from B&N, so if you get one from somewhere else, you might want to check the free sample to make sure that the list of NIV copyrights ends in 1984 rather than 2011.

Holy Bible: Stock Car Racing
Copyright © 2009 by Zondervan
The Holy Bible, New International Version®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica, Inc.™
I believe the NIV Archaeological Study Bible is another version with the 1984 NIV text but it is not discounted at $24.99 in the US.
LovesMacs is offline   Reply With Quote