View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
help please - how not to sound patronizing on world book night?

As you may know, next Tuesday April 23rd is World Book Night. I signed up to be a giver a bit idly, and anyhow selecting a book I really would have loved to give to children leaving nearby, Ernst Gombrich's A little history of the world. I ended up being selected but with an adult book, Bernhard Schlink's The reader, which I know have to give to adults, the idea being that you give it to people you don't know but suspect don't read that much.

How can I do that without sounding patronizing? At this stage my best plan is to drop the book in letterboxes late at night and leave, perhaps with a short note attached. I also dislike the idea of leaving my name on the custom made front page (book donated by...), as I live in a tiny village, and I don't want to come across as patronizing.

Any ideas very welcome!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote