View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #33
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Blimey Kenny C! Good going. You may not have achieved all the goals you expected but you've clearly achieved a lot, and been busy.

For my part, I guess it's half and half. I published my second book in April which was a goal achieved, I suppose - although finishing it was probably the goal, which I did last year. With hopeless optimism, I expected to have the sequel finished by Christmas so I could publish it the same time next year. Real life intervened. A 13 week summer school holiday (no writing happens in the holidays because looking after my son is lovely but doing it full time with no breaks is like having my brain stirred with a huge wooden spoon). McMini started his school late, there was a family wedding, the cat died, a lot of people got sick, one of them died just before Christmas... I guess my brain never re-set after the holidays and though I did some writing last term there was nothing there worth much.

Next term I hope to write a bit more, maybe there'll be less cakes to bake, play costumes to make etc and I'll have more time but I'm not holding my breath - a blue face won't suit me. I'm working on the book and sometime it will get written. I can't really guarantee more than that. Can any of us?

Cheers

MTM

Last edited by M T McGuire; 01-04-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: rogue fragment at the end.. doh!
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote