View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #32
shenye
Zealot
shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shenye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
You can get a free two-week trial for most of the big newspapers and magazines. I was skeptical too, but I actually find it a pleasant read.
If available I'll experiment with the trial. No question, E Ink would be preferred. Alas, the Kindle version is not included in the digital subscription of my newspaper (NY Times), in other words, I would have to cancel my existing subscription before switching over to the Kindle.

Quote:
Actually, due to the fact that the file is pre-loaded, it is a much smoother and faster 'flipping through pages' than if you use the WSJ or FT apps on tablets - which are usually downloading in the background while you try to read and constantly hiccup.
Fortunately the NYT Android App downloads updated content in one batch (optionally including image thumbnails).
shenye is offline   Reply With Quote