View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
No... that would only show that SOMEONE is sharing the files. To prove that this particular plaintiff is sharing the files, they would have needed to do this before they seized her equipment or whatever, and show that some of the files they received through P2P came from her IP address. Retroactively, the best they can probably do is subpoena the ISP logs of traffic and look for outbound P2P connections, but even that won't prove that the outbound files were copyrighted music-- they could have been copies of her dissertation or something.
I have to disagree with you. I have been following the case on Ars Technica. I think the plaintiff presented a very good case to prove she did it. All they are lacking to prove that one jury instruction is a record of songs downloaded from the Kazaa username. This would have been a very simple thing to provide.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote