View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMc View Post
Yep. Which is why I don't think I will try it on mine until my 2 year accident & breakage warranty runs out. But Nook seems to be good at updating their software with the things people want, so it probably won't even be necessary.
While techincally yes, soft rooting the nook will void the warranty, no one has mentioned that it's super easy to revert back to the standard B&N OS version if you ever had to send the device in. So, for example, if you soft rooted 1.4, then had a problem with your (as I currently do with a crack), all you'd have to do is download from bn.com the 1.4 OS installation, and it would restore your device back to it's factory settings, and you could send the device in to be repaired/replaced. it's pretty easy.
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote