View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
Thanks, BetterRed. I want to run Calibre on my new reading device. I have a Nook now and I've seen a couple of Kindles and I don't think any of them are any good at helping a reader pick a book to read. I don't want to go to the pc to look up a new book, I want to do it from my reading chair. As far as I can see, that means I need a tablet (or ilk) that runs Calibre.
As I said calibre runs on Windows, OS/X, Linux and as Kacir says BSD Unix - calibre does not run on IOS or Android (or Windows RT)

You can run calibre as a 'server' on any of those and access the library via a browser.

Using the 'server' feature of calibre I think you can access the library from your Nook and Kindles wirelessly, and if you wanted, remotely over the 'net. Maybe you don't even need a tablet !

I'll leave it to others to explain how you can do that as its not a feature I use.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-08-2014 at 05:42 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote