Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Review
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #10
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I'm guessing that the Kobo (and Nook) developers had to choose between ghosting/partial refreshes/speed and no ghosting/full page refreshes/slower speed. The decision to go for speed was made. I hate the ghosting, and would have made a different choice, but had Kobo done that, we would have complaints about the speed here in place of the complaints about the ghosting.
Is there anybody who has both a KT and a Sony Reader x50 or Kindle 3 who can compare page turn speeds? I thought speed was to do more with the processor? I honestly think the page turn speed on my 350 is fine, and I similarly haven't heard any complaints from Kindle 3 users. I'm curious to see how the speed of page turns compares to the KT (or NST).

I thought the attraction of partial refreshes for some people was less page flashes for those that find it distracting. I'd think that having a black flash pop up in your face every few pages or so instead of often but consistently would be even more distracting, but I've never minded the flashes that come with full refreshes anyway...
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote