View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin33 View Post
Thanks for your answer, DotorOhh, but I think we are not talking about the same question.
You are right I was on a different wave length.

Quote:
I say that, at "Save to disk options", there are a "update metadata in saved copies" chekbox. If you check this, metadata from Calibre is saved inside the file of the book when saving (exporting) it. Including also the cover. Right. If you don't check this, then metadata are saved in another file. Right again.
If you check the "update metadata in saved copies" check box the metadata and cover are embedded in the book. If the box is not checked metadata and cover are not embedded in the book. There is not any other file created based on this check box.

Quote:
But there is also another option, "save cover separately". If you check this, when saving a book, you get another file (jpg) containing Calibre's cover.
Again a independent check box used to save covers separately. Folks use this feature many different ways, as theducks states, also for backup or mass resizing.

Quote:
But the cover inside the book format file is still updated with Calibre's cover.
Only if the "update metadata in saved copies" chekbox is checked. Two independent options Updating metadata and saving covers separately.

Hope I was more on point this time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote