View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #344
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartveld View Post
I realize that, but it could just as well be that they don't intend to develop a fonthack, device or no device. That's what I'd like to know. Looking at their track record it may seem a silly question, but as I said, for me it's a dealbreaker...
There are already threads posted about using the Kpw fonts on other models of the Kindle.

Updating the Kpw fonts (or installing different ones) would be just targeting the creation of a new cramfs or of installing fonts somewhere that the Kpw will pick them up (I think that last one has been posted).

The above means learning to use a few command line commands and tools.

If you mean an "Auto-magic, do everything for me" installer file . . .
You'll just have to wait until some developer writes one for themselves.
(Note: It will not be me, I do system's software not application's software modifications. NMF - Not My Field)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote