Thread: KSO Help Needed
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool the ads are not at all obtrusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvbhutani View Post
Hi ,

Been hanging around the forum a bit but now i finally need some real help so thought of registering and posting

Well i finally purchased my first Kindle. Its not easy to obtain in my country (and costs double the price) so i asked a friend coming from the US to help me out by getting it from Best Buy.

Now the problem is that he wasn't aware of the Kindle With Special Offers and was sold it when he asked for a wifi kindle

Now that its on its way here , there is no chance of getting it replaced and the idea of ads really irks me.

Is there any way of switching the screensavers or using Duokon on it ? Its a 'virgin' kindle as of now. Never been switched on and i'm willing to experiment.

I've heard that before it registers itself , the Kindle acts as a normal version. If true , i'm fine with that as well. Any leads in this regard ? I tend to read a lot of stuff from Project Gutenberg so the Kindle Store is not essential for me.

Thanks ! Any leads will be appreciated !
so far nobody reports being able to successfully jailbreak the kindle 3 with ads. the screensaver hack requires it to be jailbroken first. reports are that duokon has installed and run successfully, and i remember a report indicating that duokon did something about screensavers. sorry that's all i know about that.

but how about some reassurance instead? almost all reports from new owners are that the ads are not at all obtrusive and some offer pretty good deals as well.

hope it all works out.
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote