View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #70
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Then the writers need to act professionally and be willing to put in the time and effort to produce a quality product, and not act as though they're entitled to free help from other professionals.
I'm not sure where you're getting that. I pay several different editors and have also paid artists. Most of the authors I know pay for at least one editor. I can think of one who...no, I take that back. She does her own copyediting, but she does hire a storyline editor.

There are a number of authors who don't get any editing help, but that is usually because they can't afford it--not because they expected it would be free and it turned out it wasn't. They know it costs something. They just don't always have the money. It's a choice like anything else.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote