View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They don't. The Kindle Paperwhite has light levels adjustable between "1" and "24". I find the 10-12 level perfect for reading in the dark. At "1" the light is a bare glimmer, even in pitch darkness.
I don't know if your eyes are insensitive to light or mine are too sensitive but 10-12 in the dark would blast my retinas out! I use 2-4 in the dark.

I can see the light from 1 even with the lights on. And I can using 1 in the dark. It's dim, but I wouldn't characterize it as a bare glimmer.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote