Thread: Menus
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 07:08 AM   #13
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEW4 View Post
Thanks for your comment. With the build-in functionality I was only able to put a command to the menu bar, but not to create a real menu (like "File", "About" etc.) that itself contains commands.

A previous reply stated that this is the way it's supposed to work. To me, that's no solution at all.
That was why I said that you may want to look at how the current menubar functionality works. It should be possible to enhance it I would have thought to give the sort of functionality that you are talking about. That would certainly be the right way forward so that it was properly integrated into Calibre. However I would see it as being a non-trivial task.

It could also be worth looking at how on a Mac entries are added to the standard Mac menubar in case that is something that can be built on.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote