View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 10:09 AM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeiLin View Post
Steven: Re: the warning--I don't think it's necessary. If the seamy underworld theme is played up in the blurb, it's pretty clear it's not suitable for children. I don't have a warning on mine (apart from checking the appropriate boxes at Smashwords and B&N). But there are three half-naked people on the cover, two of whom are ID'ed in the blurb as avatars of the gods of sex and love, and the title's "Lovers and Beloveds." That pretty much gives people the idea what they'll find in the book, even though it's not 100% or even 50% erotica.
I do have to redo the cover, but I was planning on using the dominant element from the original cover: A studded leather collar and leash. I could go more hardcore with the cover, but again, I don't want to emphasize the bondage element to the extent that readers expect a lot of it to be in there.

I can also redo the blurb, which originally read:

Quote:
In 2001, heiress Ellen Levinson vanished from a downtown Washington hotel under mysterious circumstances. Five years later, a series of blackmail letters lead investigator Alain Guest to Nashville, and into the local Goth and bondage scene, in search of the missing girl. Will he find Ellen alive... manage to avoid the blackmailers... or will his own fractured psyche finally shatter under the onslaught of such extreme and sexual lifestyles?
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote